Corporate Accounting Manager
New ideas like smart homes, the internet of things, and autonomous automotive technology. Fresh advancements in transportation, medical devices, and consumer electronics. And updated approaches to agriculture, military, and energy applications.
Anywhere there’s an idea, we can give it form. But only when we have the right people to do it.
COMPANIES WE WORK WITH
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY:
- Broad-based financial manager role with exposure to a wide range of responsibilities including lead of the corporate accounting function, involvement in internal and external reporting, technical accounting, internal controls, and review of local plant and consolidated accounting.
- Responsible for the monthly, quarterly, and annual close process including the preparation and/or review of account reconciliations, roll forwards, and the consolidation process.
- Preparation of quarterly and annual financial statements, including footnotes, MD&A, and maintenance of report support. Additionally, preparation of the monthly internal reporting to the Board.
- Opportunities to research technical accounting issues. Recent technical accounting issues included but are not limited to business combinations, derivatives, stock-based compensation, revenue recognition, accounting for income taxes and debt modification.
- Enhance, streamline, and maintain corporate internal controls documentation, as well as deficiency resolution.
- Assist the Regional FP&A team in their review, assessment, and support of the local plant finance and regional executive vice presidents.
- Latitude to suggest and implement improvements in the accounting and finance areas.
- Key team member in the coordination with the external audit team.
PROFILE FOR SUCCESS:
- Bachelor’ degree in accounting/finance
- Certified Public Accountant preferred
- 5-7+ years of related accounting and/audit experience (Big 4 experience a plus)
- Extensive knowledge of U.S. GAAP
- Strong knowledge of internal controls and internal control compliance
- Previous general ledger and monthly close experience preferred
- Highly proficient in all Microsoft TM applications and familiarity with ERP systems (OneStream experience a significant plus)
- Experience in a manufacturing environment, preferred but not required
- Limited travel required (< 10%), but could be necessary as opportunities arise